Thursday, June 26, 2008

For the Week of June 20

BET YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT

The words of the week will be distributed on random days (i.e. whenever I think of it). The word of the week is brought to you by the T and the number 8. The phrase of the week is brought to you by Courage Beer - "It's what your right arm's for."

WORD OF THE DAY (this week’s theme is words is Toponyms.)- This feature is to expand our vocabulary

sardonic • \sahr-DON-ik\ • adjective

Marked by scorn, mockery, and cynicism.

[After Sardinia, a large island in the Mediterranean. Eating a Sardinian
plant was believed to produce facial convulsions as if in a maniacal
laughter.]

EXAMPLE: Rachel’s last week’s response to word/phrase of the week was filled with sardonic words and phrases.

PHRASE OF THE DAY- This feature is so we stay young, hip, and happening.

Text Support

Advice, encouragement delivered via text... frequently related to dating and boss hating. Pronounced like tech support. Also can be used via emails sent from a cell device

EXAMPLE: “We so were text supporting each other during that conference call”

NEW FEATURE

Quote of the week- This might be a famous quote, overheard conversation, or something someone said directly. Think US Weekly’s Star’s said page.

“Do you think if I donate $1 million that they let a kid sit on my lap.” – Lady on a tour said to Philip and Buck

Rachel responds:
I did think that you forgot about our word of the week!! So glad to see that you did not!
P.S. did a lady really ask y’all that – hahahaha!!!

Buck responds:
Yeah she did and Philip said “Um ask Buck” so she looks at me and I said “Um I am new here but probably not” She bowed her head and said “That’s okay bc I don’t hve a million dollars anyways but I do have 1001 stuffed animals I would like to donate. Are you the person to ask about that?”

No comments: